The trust deed
– copy of the trust deed and company docs
You can find these in your Welcome Pack under…
Item 1 “Your Establishment documents”
Deed_1234.pdf. is the trust deed
Constitution_12324.pdf are the company set up docs
IMPORTANT – only sign the last page of the deed and the last page of the constitution.
The trust deed and constitution contain many templates that are there to be used at a later stage if required. You do not sign these when establishing the fund. These templates include forms for add other members, making changes and offering loans.
Varying the deed
– copy of any instruments varying the trust deed. As this is new SMSF there are no variations. If you have added any members after establishing the fund you will have been sent signing docs to add the member.
Minutes of meeting
– copies of meeting minutes.
There are 2 sets of minutes.
1. The minutes for the company and
2. The minutes for the SMSF
These meeting minutes are just records of what is agreed to be done.
What is required here is the “initial minutes of the SMSF” which can be found in the SMSF_minutes_1234.pdf. It is the 2nd document.
For your information the SMSF minutes file includes the following documents…
a) The initial minutes to establish the fund
b) The investment strategy
c) Trustee consent form
d) Application for membership
e) Nomination of dependents
f) Trustee declaration
Evidence of accounts
– evidence of account/s held by the fund at banks and other
financial institutions (including share trading accounts), the
evidence should be in the form of a bank statement or
letter issued by the bank/financial institution
If you have set up any accounts under the SMSF name include them here.
– details of the investment strategy prepared for the fund
The investment strategy can be found in the SMSF_minutes_1234.pdf. It is the 2nd document. You are to prepare and amend the investment strategy regularly to ensure it considers the needs of the members in retirement.
– copies of the acquisition or transfer contract for all assets
acquired by the fund if applicable
If you have made any purchases get copies of the payment receipts or invoices.